Secure Boat and Trailer Storage
Boat and Trailer Storage
While it’s fun to ride on the open waters, storing your boat afterwards can be difficult and take up that much needed space at home. Some HOAs even prevent home owners from storing their boat in front of their property. The solution is clear, using self-storage at one of our many convenient locations. We provide our customers with peace of mind as all our locations are safe, secure, well lit, and clean. With all of this and more we provide our customers with great access so they can get back on the water. Our storage units are perfect whether you need short or long term boat storage. Depending on the size of your boat you may want to consider a drive up storage unit. Many of our storage facilities have drive up access so you can back your boat and trailer in. Indoor storage units also protects your boat from the outside elements like snow or extreme heat. Whether you choose a parking space or a drive up unit you can reserve your storage online for free for 7 days. No deposit or credit card required!
Can I Store a Boat in a Storage Unit?
Yes, you can store a boat in a drive up storage unit as long as the door closes completely. You may also want to consider storing your boat in an outdoor parking space. Storage units are measured in feet so grab your tape measure and measure the length and width of your boat. It’s better err on the side caution and select a slightly larger unit. We’ll be happy to walk through
Preparing Your Boat for Winter Storage and Beyond
Before placing your boat in storage there are a couple things you should do to protect your investment.
- Clean the Exterior: A clean boat is a happy boat. Make sure everything is dry to prevent rust.
- Change the Oil: Water in your oil can cause havok on your engine. Be sure to change the filter and flush it out before adding oil.
- Flush Coolant System: Drain out the current coolant and flush the system. Next fill it with fresh antifreeze to prevent engine corrosion.
- Grease it Up: Grease the steering mechanism, joints, and other moving parts to ensure it will run smoothly when you take your boat out of storage.
- Add Fogging Oil: If the engine is not diesel, use fogging oil to protect the carburetor and cylinders.
- Loosen Drive Belts: When kept under constant tension, drive belts can crack or break. Loosen them or remove them completely.
- Disconnect the Battery: Batteries will lose their charge when kept plugged in and in storage. Make sure you store it in a cool, dry place. Storing it in colder temperatures will slow down the charge loss from storage. You may need to check the charge every 6 weeks with a voltmeter or multi-meter and charge it when necessary.
- Prevent Pests: During colder months pests look for places to take shelter. Cover exhaust ports with a cover or duct tape.
- Add a Fuel Stabilizer: Fuel has a shelf life of about 3 to 4 months so make sure you add a fuel stabilizer to make it last longer. You may have to run your boat and repeat the process if you plan to store it for a long time.
- Inflate Trailer Tires: For extended storage periods, place the trailer on blocks to prevent the tires from warping.
- Cover Your Boat: Protect your boat from the elements as well as dirt & grime.
- Update Boat Insurance: When it comes to Boat insurance be sure that your coverage is updated to include Storage Rentals of America as the storage location.
Worry-Free Storage Solution
The benefits of storing your boat with Storage Rentals of America include:
- Clean, well-lit, and affordable storage units of all sizes to accommodate any storage needs from a motorcycle to a large RV and keep them in a protected interior space.
- No long-term commitment. We offer month to month leases to give you flexibile boat storage.
- Electronic gates and 24/7 video monitoring provide additional protection and security for your important items.
- Store in one of our many convenient locations in Delaware, Florida, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, and South Carolina.
What Documentation is Required?
You’ll need to bring in three documents when you come in and rent with us. A government issued ID like a driver’s license or passport, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance. Check with your insurance provider to see if your policy covers storing your boat in long term storage and bring in a copy.
Boat Storage Near Me
Boat Storage in Delaware
Boat Storage in Florida
- Beeline #59: 7000 N. Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
- Hobe Sound #54: 12825 SE Suzanne Dr., Hobe Sound, FL 33455
- Hobe Sound II #58: 8705 SE Federal Highway, Hobe Sound, FL 33455
- Lehigh Acres #56: 1124 Village Lakes Blvd., Lehigh Acres, FL 33976
- Riverview #55: 13414 Lincoln Road, Riverview, FL 33578
Boat Storage in Kentucky
- Danville #26: 185 Westridge Drive, Danville, KY 40422
- Franklin #68: 1457 Nashville Road, Franklin, KY 42134
- Georgetown #27: 135 Connector road, Georgetown, KY 40324
- London #12: 1615 Nevada Avenue, London, KY 40741
- Nicholasville #28: 137 Imperial Way, Nicholasville, KY 40356
- Pikeville #24: 144 Cowpen Road, Pikeville, KY 41501
- Winn Avenue #29: 261 Winn Avenue, Winchester, KY 40391
Boat Storage in New Jersey
- Belleville #65: 20 Mill Street, Belleville, NJ 07109
Boat Storage in Ohio
- Avon: 998 Center Road Avon, OH 44011
- Greenwich #5: 60 E Main Street, Greenwich, OH 44837
- Willard: 3706 Ohio Route 103 South, Willard, OH 44890
- Willard: 2112 Tilton Street, Greenwich, OH 44890
- Willard: 730 E Tiffin Street, Willard, OH 44890
- Willard: 733 E Tiffin Street, Willard, OH 44890
- Wheelersburg: 68 Duis Avenue, Wheelersburg, OH 45694
- Wheelersburg: 8744 Ohio River Road, Wheelersburg, OH 45694
Boat Storage in South Carolina
- Anderson #33: 616 Pearman Dairy Road, Anderson, SC 29625
- Beaufort #41: 10 Self Storage Road, Beaufort, SC 29906
- Florence #34: 1309 E Howe Springs Road, Florence, SC 29505
- Greer #38: 2276 North Highway 101, Greer, SC 29651
- Litton Drive #39: 150 Litton Drive, Lexington, SC 29073
- Myrtle Beach #45: 4761 Highway 501, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
- Parris Island #42: 649 Parris Island Gateway, Beaufort, SC 29906
- Simpsonville #40: 1108 NE Main Street, Simpsonville, SC 29681