Finding Available Units...
Available Storage Units in Orlando, FL – Fern Park
Reserve Now for Free! No Credit Card or Deposit Required.
Lock in your deal for 7 days with a no commitment reservation!
About Our Location
Fern Park, FL Storage Units
Our Fern Park, FL storage facility offers convenient gate and office hours. Not only that we’re easily accessible from Maitland, Casselberry, and Altamonte Springs. Not sure what size storage unit you’ll need. Give our team a call. Big or small, we can help you select the right sized unit for your belongings at an affordable price. Our helpful customer service team can even move you in over the phone. With month to month leases we offer you aren’t locked into long term contracts. We offer clean storage units and a selection of safety and security features such as a state-of-the-art gate system, video surveillance, and brightly lit facility. Check out our facility for packing and moving supplies such as boxes, tape, locks, and more. Stop by and see the Storage Rentals of America difference.
Can’t find the storage unit size you’re looking for? Try one of our other convenient location in Orlando. Azalea Park
- Climate-Controlled Storage Units
- Ground Floor Units
- Drive Up Storage Units
- Indoor Storage Units
- Moving Supplies Available
- Locks Available for Purchase
- Handcarts and Dollies Available
- Outdoor Auto, RV and Boat Parking
- Electronic Gate Access
- Drive-Up Access
- 18-Wheel Truck Access
- Video Surveillance
- Fully Fenced Facility
- Well Lit Facility
- Resident Manager
- Pay Online (Auto Pay Available)
- Month-to-Month Leases
- Tenant Insurance Available
- No Deposit Required
- Accepts Mail or Packages
Frequently Asked Storage Questions
Why Would I Need Self-Storage in Fern Park, FL?
There are a variety of reasons why you might need self-storage in Fern Park, FL.
- Free up your garage by storing your boat or other recreational vehicle at one of our outdoor parking spaces.
- Need some extra space or maybe you’re downsizing to a smaller home.
- Are you getting married soon? Figure out which furniture and items will look best in your new home.
- Run a business? Self storage is a great place to store equipment, merchandise, or files.
- Looking for a long term storage solution for your company? Self-storage is a great cost effective solution.
How Do I Prepare My Vehicle for Storage?
While we recommend that you check your manufacturer’s instructions we put together some quick vehicle preparation guides. We want to make sure your vehicle runs as smooth as it did when you first put it into storage.
- Car Storage
- RV Storage
- Boat & Trailer Storage
- Motorcycle Storage
- ATV Storage
- Jet Ski Storage
- Snowmobile Storage
Do I Need to Call Ahead to Tour Storage Units?
While you do not need to call ahead, we recommend calling so we can better assist your unique storage situation when you arrive. Our team is eager to help!
Can I Rent a Storage Unit in Person or on the Telephone?
In person, over the phone, or online! We want to make renting a storage unit as easy as possible.
Does Storage Rentals of America Provide Locks?
You can purchase a brand new lock at any of our storage facilities. No one else will have a key except you so you can have peace of mind that your storage unit is secure.
How Long Can I Rent a Storage Unit?
As long as you like! We offer month to month leases with no long-term commitments to make the rental process as easy as possible.
What is the Difference Between Climate Controlled Units and Drive Up Storage Units?
Climate controlled units are kept between 55 and 85 degrees to protect your valuables against harsh temperatures. Many drive up units allow you to drive your car up to your storage unit for easy loading and unloading.
What are the Benefits of Climate Controlled Storage Units?
Climate controlled units are great for protecting items of great monetary or sentimental value as they are kept between 55 and 85 degrees. In addition to this, less dust and dirt that get into interior units.
Moving and storage go hand in hand. Whether you’re traveling across town or across the country, moving is an exciting and fresh start. While Storage Rentals of America is here to help you with all your storage needs, we also want to help you get familiar with the area. That’s why we put together this resource guide for North Orlando.
About Fern Park, Florida
Fern Park, Fl is an attractive suburb north of Orlando located between Maitland to the south and Altamonte Springs and Casselberry to the north. Fern Park is an unincorporated community that is part of Seminole County. North Orlando Avenue (Florida Highway 17) runs right through the middle of Fern Park in a northeast/southwest direction. A little over 8,000 people live in Fern Park. It is popular with people who enjoy being near the Orlando-Kissimmee Metro Area without living in the middle of it and appreciate a slower-paced suburban lifestyle.
What to do in Fern Park, FL
Tourists who visit Orlando come from all over the world to see the Disney and Universal amusement parks and others. However, the locals who live in the area go to the big amusement parks rarely. Instead, they prefer to visit the beaches, lakes, and parks that Florida has in abundance.
Lake Apopka is Florida’s fourth largest lake. It is a nice short drive to the west of Fern Park. It has walking trails and places to picnic. There are many alligators in the lake, so it is not safe for swimming and boaters need to be careful not to fall into the water. It is probably safest to just stay on shore and enjoy the view.
To the northeast is Lake Jesup and the Spring Hammock Preserve. Lake Jesup is one of Florida’s largest lakes and has even more alligators than Lake Apopka. Nevertheless, boaters like to use it. The boat launch is located in the Lake Jesup Park. Spring Hammock Preserve is 1,500 acres and a fun place for birdwatchers to visit.
Working in Fern Park, FL
The median household income for this area is $50,824, which is 4% higher than in other cities in Florida. City-Data reports that the professional/scientific/tech sector is the biggest employer in Fern Park creating about 13% of the jobs. Information Tech jobs come next at 11%, followed by arts/entertainment/recreation services at 11%. About 10% work in healthcare and 9% work in construction. Around 9% work in administrative support. The retail trade offers 6% of the jobs.
Fern Park, FL Neighborhoods
The most expensive neighborhoods near Fern Park include areas in Altamonte Springs, they are:
- Spring Valley Road and South Wymore Road: Median home price is $426,235
- Oranole Road and Kathy Lane: Median home price is $365,893
- Forest City: Median home price is $364,396
- Forest City Road and Route 436: Median home price is $265,949
- Maitland Boulevard and Forest City Road: Median home price is $256,956
- Sanlando Springs: Median home price is $237,509
- Orienta Gardens: Median home price is $212,007
- North Street and Palm Springs Drive: Median home price is $210,931
- Sand Lake Road and Forest City Road: Median home price is $204,576
- Douglas Avenue and Sanlando Springs Road: Median home price is $201,651
Seminole County, FL School District
Fern Park is in the Seminole County School District. In Seminole County, there are 58 public schools and four charter schools. One of the charter schools is the Seminole Science Center in Lake Mary, Fl, which is north of Altamonte Springs. Another Charter School is the Galileo Gifted School, which is further north in Sanford, Fl. The Choice in Learning Charter School is farther away to the northeast in Winter Springs. To find what school zone your living in and the schools available to attend, Seminole County has an online search tool
Moving to Fern Park, FL Resource Guide
This is a useful move-in guide if you are a new resident in Fern Park, FL.
- Driver’s License and Vehicle Registration: The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles is where you need to go to get a driver’s license, ID, and/or to register a vehicle.
- Electric Services: Provided by Duke Energy. New service can be started online.
- Natural Gas and Propane: Provided by Florida Public Utilities. New service can be started online
- Water and Sewer Services: Provided by Seminole County’s Environmental Services Department. New accounts can be started online
- Recycling and Trash Collection: Provided by Seminole County Waste Management.
- Telephone: Services for the Orlando Metro area are comparable online.
- Cable TV/Internet: Connection services for the Orlando Metro can be compared online.
- Seminole County Government: Fern Park in this Census-designated place (CDP). A CDP is not a town and has no municipal government because it never incorporated. It is more like a neighborhood. Government and property-related matters are handled by Seminole County. Seminole County Leisure Services manages all the libraries, parks, recreational areas, sports, and cultural programs.
Fern Park, FL Housing
Fern Park is popular with married couples (46% of households) and families with children (24% of households).
The median home price in Fern Park, FL is $155,300 (May 2019). This is 7% lower than the median price in other cities in Florida. The median rent for a home is $948, which is 8% lower than the median rent in other cities in Florida.
Owner-occupied homes make up almost 68%, which is 5% higher than in other parts of Florida. The cost of living in Fern Park is 4% less than in other cities in Florida and 5% less than the national average. Things that cost less in Fern Park, when compared to other cities in Florida, are healthcare (10% less), housing (7% less), transportation (6% less), and groceries (3% less).