5x10 - Unit
10x20 - Unit
$1 First Month
10x15 - Unit
10x20 - Unit
10x30 - Unit
$1 First Month
Available Storage Units in Columbus, GA
Reserve Now for Free! No Credit Card or Deposit Required.
Lock in your deal for 7 days with a no commitment reservation!
About Our Location
Columbus, GA Storage Units
Our Columbus, GA storage facility offers convenient gate and office hours. Not only that we’re easily accessible off of US-280 near Fort Bening Road. Not sure what size storage unit you’ll need. Give our team a call. Big or small, we can help you select the right sized unit for your belongings. Our helpful customer service team can even move you in over the phone. With month to month leases we offer you aren’t locked into long term contracts. We offer clean storage units and a selection of safety and security features such as a state-of-the-art gate system, video surveillance, and brightly lit facility. Check out our facility for packing and moving supplies such as boxes, tape, locks, and more. Stop by and see the Storage Rentals of America difference.
- Ground Floor Units
- Drive Up Units
- Moving Supplies Available
- Locks Available for Purchase
- Electronic Gate Access
- Drive-Up Access
- Video Surveillance
- Fenced-in Facility
- Well Lit Facility
- Pay Online (Auto Pay Available)
- Month-to-Month Leases
- Tenant Insurance Available
- No Deposit Required
Frequently Asked Storage Questions
Why Would I Need Self-Storage in Columbus, GA?
There are a variety of reasons why you might need self-storage in Columbus, GA.
- Need some extra space or maybe you’re downsizing to a smaller home.
- Are you getting married soon? Figure out which furniture and items will look best in your new home.
- Run a business? Self storage is a great place to store equipment, merchandise, or files.
- Looking for a long term storage solution for your company? Self-storage is a great cost effective solution.
Do I Need to Call Ahead to Tour Storage Units?
While you do not need to call ahead, we recommend calling so we can better assist your unique storage situation when you arrive. Our team is eager to help!
Can I Rent a Storage Unit in Person or on the Telephone?
Rent your storage unit in person, over the phone, or online. We make the storage rental process easy!
Does Storage Rentals of America Provide Locks?
Locks are available to purchase at all of our storage facilities. No one else will have a key except you so you can have peace of mind that your storage unit is secure.
How Long Can I Rent a Storage Unit?
Rent your storage unit as long as you like. We offer month to month leases to the make the rental process as easy as possible.
About Columbus Georgia
Columbus city is the third-largest city in the State of Georgia with an estimated population over 190,000. Located on the west central border of Georgia, 53 neighborhoods make up one of the state’s largest population of young and single residents. A large portion of these residents are under the age of 30 and have earned an undergraduate and a graduate degree in professional occupations.
Columbus consists of four geographical areas with a distinct personality and lifestyle. Downtown district/Midtown is the city’s central business district, home to historic districts, residential and commercial development, and churches. North Columbus is a diverse suburb of neighborhoods and subdivisions with amenities matched to family lifestyles. South Columbus/Southwest has a military influence with historical museums, local culture, restaurants, and coffee shops. East Columbus is a residential and estate neighborhood within close proximity to downtown.
What to do in Columbus
Home to historical parks, museums, sports arenas, and theater, the community is vibrant and active. Visitors and residents can enjoy walks and breathtaking views from the air, land and shorelines of Columbus. Enjoy walking along the Chattahoochee River or take a water tour. Feeling more adventurous? Whitewater rafting or kayaking is available.
Take in a play at some of the areas performing arts centers. Bradley Theater is a performance theater that Paramount Pictures opened in mid-1940. Looking for something more modern? The RiverCenter, Performing Arts offers a 2,000-seat theater for local events and nationally recognized performances. Springer Opera House is a historic live performance theater located downtown. It was declared the State Theater of Georgia by United States President Jimmy Carter in 1971 and legislature made it permanent in 1992.
Museums in Columbus
- Columbus Museum, founded in 1953, contains artifacts of regional history and works of American art. It is known as the largest art and history museum in the state of Georgia.
- National Civil War Naval Museum features Union and Confederate artifacts; two original American Civil War military vessels, uniforms, equipment, and weapons.
- Coca-Cola Space Science Center supports education in science, physics, and astronomy with four flight simulators and a planetarium.
- National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center display the history of the U.S. Infantry, showcasing films and unique productions in the IMAX theater.
Recreational Activities in Columbus
- Golden Park, Columbus’ oldest baseball park. Its 5,000 seats hosted the 1996 Summer Olympics.
- AJ McClung Memorial Stadium is a 15,000 sports arena, hosting football games.
- Columbus Civic Center, a 10,000-seat arena used for concert and professional sporting events.
Working in Columbus
As of July 2018, Bureau of Labor reported population percentage employment statistics by industry in Columbus, GA. Fort Benning is a U.S. Army base located near Columbus, Georgia, so it’s no surprise that the armed forces play a role in the area’s employment. Careers in the U.S Army range from executive, management, office administration, and support to technical and computer positions. Majority of the area’s workers are in a trade, work for a utility company or in the healthcare industry.
Residential living styles in Columbus consists of single-family homes and apartment complexes/high-rise apartments designed with three, four, five, or more bedrooms. Many of these neighborhood homes were built between 1940 and 1969 with new construction between 1970 and 1999 adding more homes. Today, more than 50 percent of the properties are owner-occupied, with slightly over 45 percent as rental units.
In the last five years, the communities listed experienced the highest income growth, contributing to the community’s real estate demand for properties and prompting an increase in median prices.
- Rose Hill: Median real estate price is $212,060 with an average rent of $765. The neighborhood is historic with homes built in the early 1930s. Vacancy rates are higher compared to nearby communities.
- Battle Park / Custer Road Terrace: Median real estate price is $143,900, and the average rent is $1,760.
- Schatulga Rd / Aldora Dr: Median list price is $120,490, and the average rental rate is $1,125 in this community.
- Englewood: Median property price is $104,180, with an average rent of $1,085.
- Willett: Median real estate price is $34,960, with an average rental rate of $745.
- Avondale: Median list price is $30,760, and the average rent is $695. Some residences were constructed between 2000 and the present.
Columbus School District
Columbus schools fall under the Muscogee County School District, consisting of 35 elementary, 12 middle and 9 high schools. Over 2,000 teachers educate more than 30,000 students throughout the school year. Student to teacher ratio is 15:1.
Less than 15 miles from downtown Columbus, students will find a choice of two and four-year schools. Some of these colleges include Strayer University-Columbus, Columbus State University, and Miller-Motte Technical College-Columbus.
Moving to Columbus Resource Guide
Driver’s License and Vehicle Registration: For help with updating vehicle tags, title, and registration contact or visit the Columbus DMV office.
Utilities: New or relocating residents needing to establish local services can visit their website for electricity, gas, and water hookups.
Columbus Municipal Government and Parks: Information and listings about the city’s government, services and departments can be found on the city website.
The median list price in Columbus is $109,000, and the median rent for the area is $900. In January 2019 homes sales increased compared to the same time in 2018. In May 2019 inventories of home available for sale decreased by 10 percent. Over the past year, trends have shown a three percent price increase in listings.