Finding Available Units...
Storage Rentals of America Georgetown, KY
Reserve Now for Free! No Credit Card or Deposit Required.
Lock in your price for 7 days with a no commitment reservation!
Contactless Move-in when you move in over the phone or online.
About Our Location
Affordable Georgetown Storage Units
Our storage facility is located just a short distance from downtown Georgetown making and easily accessible from Interstate 75. We offer affordable storage units with special online rates! All our storage locations have plenty of storage options, from mini storage units that are 5×5 to larger 10×30 storage units.
Not sure what size storage unit you’ll need? Just give us a call. Our storage experts are available by phone 7 days a week to help with any questions you have. We can even move you in over the phone or online. Add in month to month leases so you’re not stuck into a long term contract is just another way we make storage easier.
Planning to move soon? We have boxes and other moving and packing supplies for sale. We want to be your one stop shop for all things storage. So stop by and experience the Storage Rentals of America difference.
- Climate-Controlled Units
- Ground Floor Units
- Drive Up Storage Units
- Indoor Storage Units
- Moving Truck Rentals
- Moving Boxes & Packing Supplies for Sale
- Locks Available for Purchase
- RV, Auto, and Boat Storage
- Electronic Gate Access
- Drive-Up Access
- Semi-Truck Accessible
- Fully Fenced Facility
- Video Surveillance
- Pay Online (Auto Pay Available)
- Month-to-Month Leases
- Tenant Insurance Available
- No Deposit Required
- Deliveries Accepted
Frequently Asked Storage Questions
Why Would I Need Self-Storage in Georgetown, KY?
There are a variety of reasons why you might need self-storage in Georgetown, KY.
- Need some extra space or maybe you’re downsizing to a smaller home.
- Are you getting married soon? Figure out which furniture and items will look best in your new home.
- Run a business? Self storage is a great place to store equipment, merchandise, or files.
- Looking for a long term storage solution for your company? Self-storage is a great cost effective solution.
Do I Need to Call Ahead to Tour Storage Units?
While you do not need to call ahead, we recommend calling so we can better assist your unique storage situation when you arrive. Our team is eager to help!
Can I Rent in Person or on the Telephone?
In person, over the phone, or online! We want to make renting a storage unit as easy as possible.
Does Storage Rentals of America Provide Locks?
You can purchase a brand new lock at any of our storage facilities. No one else will have a key except you so you can have peace of mind that your storage unit is secure.
How Long Can I Rent a Storage Unit?
As long as you like! We offer month to month leases with no long-term commitments to make the rental process as easy as possible.
What is the Difference Between Climate Controlled Units and Drive Up?
Climate controlled units are kept between 55 and 85 degrees to protect your valuables against harsh temperatures. Many drive up units allow you to drive your car up to your storage unit for easy loading and unloading.
What are the Benefits of Climate Controlled Units?
Climate controlled units are great for protecting items of great monetary or sentimental value as they are kept between 55 and 85 degrees. In addition to this, less dust and dirt that get into interior units.
Moving and storage go hand in hand. Whether you’re traveling across town or across the country, moving is an exciting and fresh start. While Storage Rentals of America is here to help you with all your storage needs, we also want to help you get familiar with the area. That’s why we put together this resource guide for Georgetown.
What to Know About Georgetown, Kentucky
Georgetown, Kentucky is a community where tradition and progress meet. It’s rich in both rural lifestyle and agricultural heritage. In addition, It’s one of most rapidly growing areas in the entire state and home to Toyota’s largest manufacturing facility, besides the ones in Japan. This is a company that currently provides many jobs for those in and around this community.
The area is well-known for its huge selection of historic homes and some of the best antique shopping in the entire state. Found at the crossroads of I-64 and I-75, Georgetown is situated just about ten miles to the north of Lexington, which is the Horse Capital of the World. Nearby, you will also find Cincinnati and Louisville, which offer residents access to professional sports, shopping, arts, and entertainment.
Originally founded by Elijah Craig, a Baptist minister in 1790, Georgetown is most known for Craig’s invention – bourbon whiskey.
What to Do in Georgetown
Georgetown is in the heart of the Bluegrass Region. It is considered “horse country” and the back roads in this area provide beautiful scenery, rolling fields, and plenty of activities.
This a community steeped in tradition and just a short drive away from Lexington, where the Keeneland Race Course attracts individuals from all over the globe for annual events in October and April. If you visit the Kentucky Horse Park, you can watch a skilled harness maker at work, enjoy a breed’s parade, and even take a tour of the area via a horse drawn carriage. For fishing and canoeing, historic Elkhorn Creed is a popular option, and there are several dozen golf courses located in this community.
Working in Georgetown
Residents who work in Georgetown, Kentucky earn a median income of $56,854. The unemployment rate is just 3.4 percent, and the average commute time is an estimated 19.3 minutes.
The largest industry in this community is manufacturing (at 24.9 percent), as the largest Toyota plant (outside of Japan) is located here. This is followed by educational services, social assistance, and health care at 21.9 percent, and the arts, recreation, entertainment, food services, and accommodation industries at 10.8 percent.
There are more than a few neighborhood options to choose from in the Georgetown area. Some of the top rated neighborhoods include:
- Elkhorn Parks: In this area, the cost of living is three percent lower than the remainder of the state and the household income is 16 percent higher than the remainder of the state. The median home value is $123,000 and home ownership is 87 percent.
- Douglas Park: In this area, the cost of living is 11 percent lower than the rest of the U.S., and the crime rate has gone down three percent since last year. There are quite a few rental properties in the area, with the average cost being $666, which is 30 percent lower than the national average.
- Marriott’s Griffin Gate Golf Club: The cost of living here is 12 percent less than the average in the U.S. and the unemployment rate is four percent lower than the country’s average. The median household income is $40,329 and the median home price is $131,900.
Georgetown School District
While not all residents of Georgetown were raised in this community, or educated here, more than 89.8 percent of them have earned their high school diploma – or higher – with 27.1 percent of residents having graduated with a college degree or higher.
There are several schools in this community including:
- Anne Mason Elementary School for grades K-5 (public)
- Children’s Montessori School of Georgetown for grades PK-1 (private)
- Northern Elementary School for grades PK-5 (public)
- Cuba Elementary School for grades PK-6 (public)
- Lemons Mill Elementary School for grades K-5 (public)
- Eastern Elementary School for grades K-5 (public)
- Georgetown Middle School for grades 6-8 (public)
- Elkhorn Crossing School (vocational education)
- Garth Elementary School for grades K-5 (public)
- First UMC Preschool Ministries for grades PK-K (private)
The schools in this community have top ratings and offer a quality education for all students.
Moving to Georgetown: Resource Guide
If you are planning a move to Georgetown, Kentucky, you may need a few resources to get started. Some websites that will assist you with this move can be found here:
When you move to town, you can also reach out to your new neighbors, who will be happy to provide you with the information and resources needed to ensure you get what you need to easily settle into your new home.
In Georgetown, Kentucky, the median home cost is $183,200. Over the past 10 years, home appreciation has been at 20.6 percent, and it is up by 6.3 percent currently. The median age of real estate in Georgetown is 18 years old, and renters make up approximately 33.2 percent of the whole population in this area.
If you are planning a move to Georgetown, it is a good idea to learn as much as you can about the community before you make the trek. There is no question that this is a great community to live, work, and play; however, getting to know the details is extremely beneficial. Do some research and follow the guide here to help you with your upcoming move.