5x5 - Unit
$1 First Month
Storage Rentals of America – West Liberty Main St
About Our Location
West Liberty, KY Storage Units
With easy access from US Route 460, our property is located near the West Liberty City Hall and right next to the West Liberty Church of God. Whether you’re seeking storage for your home, business, relocation, personal needs, military deployment or college move, our storage experts are available by phone 7 days a week to help with any questions you have.
- Moving Supplies Available
- Locks Available for Purchase
- Ground Floor Units
- Drive Up Units
- Indoor Units
- Dollies and Carts Available
- Electronic Gate Access
- Drive-Up Access
- Fully Fenced Facility
- Video Surveillance
- Pay Online (Auto Pay Available)
- Month-to-Month Leases
- Tenant Insurance Available
- No Deposit Required
- Deliveries Accepted
Frequently Asked Storage Questions
Why Would I Need Self-Storage in West Liberty, KY?
There are a variety of reasons why you might need self-storage in West Liberty, KY.
- Need some extra space or maybe you’re downsizing to a smaller home.
- Are you getting married soon? Figure out which furniture and items will look best in your new home.
- Run a business? Self storage is a great place to store equipment, merchandise, or files.
- Looking for a long term storage solution for your company? Self-storage is a great cost effective solution.
How Do I Prepare My Recreational Vehicle for Storage?
While we recommend that you check your manufacturer’s instructions we put together some quick vehicle preparation guides. We want to make sure your vehicle runs as smooth as it did when you first put it into storage.
Do I Need to Call Ahead to Tour Storage Units?
While you do not need to call ahead, we recommend calling so we can better assist your unique storage situation when you arrive. Our team is eager to help!
Can I Rent a Storage Unit in Person or on the Telephone?
In person, over the phone, or online! We want to make renting a storage unit as easy as possible.
Does Storage Rentals of America Provide Locks?
You can purchase a brand new lock at any of our storage facilities. No one else will have a key except you so you can have peace of mind that your storage unit is secure.
Does your Storage Facility Have Handcarts or Dollies that I Can Use?
Many of our locations have handcarts or dollies. Call us to confirm availability.
How Long Can I Rent a Storage Unit?
As long as you like! We offer month to month leases with no long-term commitments to make the rental process as easy as possible.
About West Liberty, Kentucky
West Liberty is a city in Kentucky that can be found by taking U.S. highway 460 southeast from Lexington. This small town of about 3,500 people sits on the banks of the Licking River. It is the county seat of Morgan County. The city was founded in 1823 and was almost completely burned down in the Civil War. It was rebuilt in the early 1900s and has slowly grown ever since.
Main Street is the center of this little town and it is reminiscent of a century ago with small shops and American-style diners lining each side of the street for the few blocks that make up downtown.
What To Do in West Liberty
Each year, during the last weekend in the month of September there is the Sorghum Festival. The festival will celebrate its 50th year in 2020. About 50,000 people come from all over the state and parts of America to attend. Even some foreigners make a trip to attend this festival because it is like taking a ride in a time machine and going back in time to over 100 years ago.
The theme for the festival is the 1800s. This means that the storefronts decorate their windows in a vintage style from over a century ago. Local Mennonite women wear homemade dresses and bonnets. The Mennonite men wear overalls and handmade boots when they bring their families to town in horse-drawn buggies.
The festival has a parade. Live music is featured on two stages with bluegrass, country, and rock music to enjoy. Delicious food includes southern favorites like funnel cake and homemade pies. Vendors set up along route 519. They sell things like antiques, tools, guns, knives, crafts, and other hand-made items. A Civil-War-styled camp is set up and there are two battle re-enactments that are big crowd-pleasers.
Working in West Liberty
The largest employment sectors in West Liberty are government (15%), health care (11.3%), education (9.7%), and construction (7%). The average salary in West Liberty is around $66,000 per year. Professionals can earn from $42,000 to $123,000 per year. The best retail jobs are being a store manager for a large establishment such as a national grocery chain. Store managers earn up to $80,000 per year.
Commute times for most people are 15 to 30 minutes. About 2.6% of the people in West Liberty work at home. Self-employed business owners are 8.3% of the workers. Many of the self-employed are in the services businesses and construction. Areavibes says that unemployment is extremely low at 0.8% and this is 84% lower than the national average.
West Liberty, KY Neighborhoods
The best neighborhoods in West Liberty are:
- City Center: Median Home Price is $133,051
- Blairs Mills and Blaze: Median Home Price is $79,757
- Crockett and Elamton: Median Home Price is $69,120
- Nickeel and Salem: Median Home Price is $69.042
West Liberty School District
Public School: There are six public schools in Morgan County School District. Four of them are elementary schools, one is a middle school, and one is a high school.
Private School: There is only one very small private school called Morgan County Christian Academy. It can be found at 1749 W Main Street in West Liberty. It only has a few students (less than 10).
Colleges and Universities: The University of Kentucky has an agricultural extension program that operates a farm in West Liberty. The nearest major university is Morehead State University, which is about 21 miles away in Morehead, Kentucky.
Moving to West Liberty Resource Guide
Here is some helpful contact information for setting up your new place when moving to West Liberty, Kentucky.
- Driver’s License and Auto Registration: To register a vehicle or get a Kentucky driver’s license/identification card, contact the Kentucky Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Electrical Service: Provided by the Licking Valley Rural Electric. You can start a new service online.
- Natural Gas: Provided by Elam Utility Company telephone: 606-743-3695. To start new service visit the office at 459 Main Street in West Liberty.
- Propane: Available from Morgan Co Propane by calling 606-743-2619.
- Water and Sewer Service: Provided by the West Liberty Water Company telephone: 606-743-4553. The office is located at 100 Keeton Heights in West Liberty.
- Garbage Collection and Recycling Services: Provided by the municipal government through West Liberty Waste Treatment telephone: 606-743-4129 with offices located at 600 Wells Hill lane in West Liberty
- Telephone: Service is provided by Mountain Telephone 606-743-3121 with offices located at 425 Main Street in West Liberty.
- Television/Internet: Services can be compared at Broadband Search.
West Liberty Municipal Government and Parks
The municipal government departments may be found on the City of West Liberty website. West Liberty has three public parks. They are West Liberty Park, Old Mill Park, and the Arnold Helton Memorial Park.
Old Mill Park is popular because it is located on the banks of the Licking River. It is the home of the annual Bluegrass Festival held on the second weekend in July and the Market in the Park held in August.
West Liberty Housing
The median household income in West Liberty, Kentucky is around $36,000 per year, which is 19% lower than the rest of Kentucky. The cost of living in West Liberty is the same as in other cities in Kentucky and 11% lower than the national average. The median home price is $149,700, which is 19% higher than the rest of Kentucky. About 52% of the homes in West Liberty are owner-occupied. The higher home prices in West Liberty indicate this town is a very desirable area to live in the state of Kentucky. The median rental price is only $461, which is 33% lower than the rent in other cities in Kentucky. These low rents make it very attractive for young people and families to move to West Liberty.