Finding Available Units...
Available Storage Units in Wyoming, MI
Reserve Now for Free! No Credit Card or Deposit Required.
Lock in your price for 7 days with a no commitment reservation!
Contactless Move-in when you move in over the phone or online.
About Our Location
Affordable Wyoming, MI Storage Units
Storage Rentals of America in Wyoming, MI is easily accessible off of Burlingame Avenue SW near U-131 and offers convenient office and gate hours. We are also a short drive from Walker, MI. Need help? Give our customer service team a call! We can help you select the right sized unit for your storage needs and even move you into your storage unit. Don’t want to be locked into long term contracts? We offer flexible month to month storage leases, so you can rent as long as you’d like. With state-of-the-art security gates and video surveillance we offer peace of mind for your belongings. You can even purchase moving and packing supplies like boxes, tape, and locks. Come see the Storage Rentals of America difference.
Our customer service team can help you find storage no matter your needs. We have plenty of storage options, from mini storage units that are 5×5 to larger 10×30 storage units. Can’t find a storage unit here? Check out the available storage units at two annex properties located at 2645 Prairie St, and 1750 28th St SW, and 4309 Roger B Chaffee Memorial Blvd SE.
- Ground Floor Storage Units
- Drive Up Storage Units
- Indoor Storage Units
- Moving Supplies & Boxes Available
- Locks Available for Purchase
- RV, Auto, and Boat Parking
- Electronic Gate Access
- Drive-Up Access
- 18-Wheel Truck Access
- Video Surveillance
- Fully Fenced Facility
- Well Lit Facility
- Pay Online (Auto Pay Available)
- Month-to-Month Leases
- Tenant Insurance Available
- No Deposit Required
- Accepts Mail or Packages
Frequently Asked Storage Questions
Why Would I Need Self-Storage in Wyoming, MI?
There are a variety of reasons why you might need self-storage in Wyoming, MI.
- Need some extra space or maybe you’re downsizing to a smaller home.
- Are you getting married soon? Figure out which furniture and items will look best in your new home.
- Run a business? Self storage is a great place to store equipment, merchandise, or files.
- Looking for a long term storage solution for your company? Self-storage is a great cost effective solution.
Do I Need to Call Ahead to Tour Storage Units?
No, but those new to the storage rental process would benefit to give us a call. We can walk you through the rental process and help you select the right sized storage unit for your needs.
Can I Rent a Storage Unit in Person or on the Telephone?
In person, over the phone, or online! We want to make renting a storage unit as easy as possible.
Does Storage Rentals of America Provide Locks?
You can purchase a brand new lock at any of our storage facilities. No one else will have a key except you so you can have peace of mind that your storage unit is secure.
How Long Can I Rent a Storage Unit?
Rent as long as you’d like. We offer month to month leases to the make the rental process as easy as possible.
About Wyoming, Michigan
Wyoming, Michigan is the largest suburb in the southern part of Grand Rapids. It is only five miles from downtown Grand Rapids. About 72,000 people live there. The area was settled in 1832; however, it took until 1959 for the city to be incorporated. Since then, the population of the city continues to grow each year.
Living in Wyoming offers the convenience of being part of the metropolitan area surrounding Grand Rapids. This combines with the beauty and tranquility of living in a suburban area that has rural farms, orchards, and a pastoral lifestyle.
What To Do in Wyoming
Kids love the Frog Hollow Boundless Playground. This free public park offers exceptional play areas and activities where kids can safely enjoy playing and climbing. There are also areas that are specially made for kids with disabilities to enjoy.
There are plenty of Dutch immigrants in Michigan. Vander Veen’s Dutch Store in Wyoming is unique because it sells many items imported from Holland. The nearby Downtown Market in Grand Rapids is extremely popular. There is shopping galore, a fresh fish market, culinary classes to attend, and a variety of events. The Market Hall can be rented for special occasions and is frequently used for wedding receptions.
Another fun place to shop is the RiverTown Crossings Mall in Grandville, which is about three miles from Wyoming.
Working in Wyoming
Households in Wyoming have a median income of $48,579, which is only about $2,000 lower (4%) than household income earned in other Michigan cities. This around $7,000 (13%) lower than the average nationwide.
City-Data shows the largest employers for the area are:
- Manufacturers that provide 27% of the jobs.
- Transportation companies and warehouses that provide 11% of the jobs.
- Retail stores that provide 9% of the jobs.
- Construction companies that provide 9% of the jobs.
The top-ten areas in the City of Wyoming, which have the most expensive homes are:
- 52nd Street SW and Canal Avenue SW: Median home price is $252,955
- 52nd Street SW and Clyde Park Avenue SW: Median home price is $244,739
- Byron Center Avenue SW and 36th Street SW: Median home price is $168,941
- City Center: Median home price is $143,219
- Clyde Park Avenue SW and Ariebill Street SW: Median home price is $141,932
- Byron Center Avenue SW and Prairie Street SW: Median home price is $134,580
- 32nd Street SW and Clyde Park Avenue SW: Median home price is $134,562
- Chicago Drive SW and Burlingame Avenue SW: Median home price is $133,871
- Division Avenue S and 54th Street SW: Median home price is $126,562
- Chicago Drive SW and Clyde Park Avenue SW: Median home price is $124,181
Wyoming, Michigan is served by many school districts. There are 27 public schools, eight private schools, and one post-secondary school in, or near, Wyoming. The school districts covering different parts of Wyoming include:
- Kelloggsville Public Schools
- Godfrey-Lee Public Schools
- Wyoming Public Schools
- Godwin Heights Public Schools
- Grandville Public Schools
Moving to Wyoming Resource Guide
These are the services new residents will need:
Driver’s License and Vehicle Registration: Michigan’s Secretary of State is the government agency responsible for Michigan identification cards, driver’s licenses, and registration services for autos/trucks. Many of these services are accessible online.
Electricity: Provided by Consumers Energy. The easiest way to set up a new account is to call 1-800-477-5050.
Natural Gas: Available from many companies in the area. To view the choices, go to Call Me Power.
Water, Sewer, Garbage Collection, and Recycling Services: Offered by the City of Wyoming. Call 616-530-7226 to get more information or go to their website.
Wyoming Municipal Government: The City Of Wyoming has its offices at 1155 28th Street SW. The telephone number is 616-530-7226. The Wyoming Parks and Recreation Department manages the public parks. There are adult sports programs and Summer Fun for youth. This is also a nice Senior Center.
Wyoming, Michigan has a median home price of $100,600 (June 2019). This is 21% lower than other Michigan municipalities. Nearly 65% of Wyoming residents own their home, which is 9% lower than the state average. The median rent asked for in this city is $758, which is 5% lower than the median rent you would have to pay in other Michigan cities. The cost of living in Wyoming is 2% lower than found in other Michigan cities and below the national average by 12%.
The median age in Wyoming, Michigan is around 34 years old, which is about five years younger than the statewide median age. Wyoming has mostly middle-income families. Many families have children. The majority of the residents own their home.