Finding Available Units...
Storage Rentals of America Wheelersburg, OH – River Rd.
Reserve Now for Free! No Credit Card or Deposit Required.
Lock in your price for 7 days with a no commitment reservation!
Contactless Move-in when you move in over the phone or online.
About Our Location
Wheelersburg, OH Storage Units
Our property is right off the Ohio River Scenic Byway (US Route 52), offering easy access to anyone in the community. We’re next to Toro Loco and north of the Wheelersburg Cinemas. Whether you’re seeking storage for your home, business, relocation, personal needs, military deployment or college move, our storage experts are available by phone 7 days a week to help with any questions you have!
Our customer service team can help you find storage no matter your needs. All of our storage locations have plenty of storage options, from mini storage units that are 5×5 to larger 10×30 storage units.
Getting ready to move? Stop by our office for moving and packing supplies. We sell boxes, packing tape, mattress covers, and more. We want to be your one stop shop for all things storage. Stop by and experience the Storage Rentals of America difference.
- Climate-Controlled Storage Units
- Drive Up Storage Units
- Indoor Storage Units
- Ground Floor Units
- Moving Supplies Available
- Locks Available for Purchase
- Dollies and Carts Available
- Electronic Gate Access
- Drive-Up Access
- Well Lit Facility
- Fully Fenced Facility
- Video Surveillance
- Pay Online (Auto Pay Available)
- Month-to-Month Leases
- Tenant Insurance Available
- No Deposit Required
- RV, Auto, and Boat Storage
Frequently Asked Storage Questions
Why Would I Need Self-Storage in Wheelersburg, OH?
There are a variety of reasons why you might need self-storage in Wheelersburg, OH.
- Need some extra space or maybe you’re downsizing to a smaller home.
- Are you getting married soon? Figure out which furniture and items will look best in your new home.
- Run a business? Self storage is a great place to store equipment, merchandise, or files.
- Looking for a long term storage solution for your company? Self-storage is a great cost effective solution.
Do I Need to Call Ahead to Tour Storage Units?
While you do not need to call ahead, we recommend calling so we can better assist your unique storage situation when you arrive. Our team is eagar to help!
Can I Rent in Person or on the Telephone?
In person, over the phone, or online! We want to make renting a storage unit as easy as possible.
Does Storage Rentals of America Provide Locks?
You can purchase a brand new lock at any of our storage facilities. No one else will have a key except you so you can have peace of mind that your storage unit is secure.
Do you Have Handcarts or Dollies that I Can Use?
Many of our locations have handcarts or dollies. Call us to confirm availability.
How Long Can I Rent a Storage Unit?
As long as you like! We offer month to month leases with no long-term commitments to make the rental process as easy as possible.
What is the Difference Between Climate Controlled Units and Drive Up?
Climate controlled units are kept between 55 and 85 degrees depending on the time of year to protect your valuables against harsh tempuratures. Many drive up units allow you to drive your car up to your storage unit for easy loading and unloading.
What are the Benefits of Climate Controlled Units?
Climate controlled units are great for protecting items of great monetary or sentimental value. Our units are kept above 55 degrees during the cooler months and below 85 degrees during warmer months.
Moving and storage go hand in hand. Whether you’re traveling across town or across the country, moving is an exciting and fresh start. While Storage Rentals of America is here to help you with all your storage needs, we also want to help you get familiar with the area. That’s why we put together this resource guide for Wheelersburg.
Wheelersburg, OH City Information
Located in Scioto County, Wheelersburg, Ohio has a population of 6,183. The community itself has a suburban feel and most residents here own their homes. Wheelersburg is home to many families, along with young professionals. The area has public schools that are rated as “above average.”
Wheelersburg lies along the banks of the southern Ohio River and the northern banks of the Ohio River. It’s just east of Portsmouth and close to Ironton, as well. Historically, this town was called Concord, but changed its name in 1824 to honor the pioneer settler, Major Porter Wheeler, who settled the area with 150 others.
What to Do in Wheelersburg
The area of Wheelersburg doesn’t disappoint when it comes to things to do. For those who love the outdoors, a visit to Lake Alma State Park should be at the top of the list. Found among some of the most scenic and rugged territory in the entire state, this 60-acre lake and gentle creek make the perfect location for fishing, hiking, and enjoying the great outdoors. In the month of August, those living in the area can visit the Scioto County Fair. The conveniently located and popular Wheelersburg Cinema makes it easy to catch a movie.
Working in Wheelersburg
This community is not considered predominantly white-collar or blue-collar. Instead, it has a mixed workforce of both. Generally, this community is a town where the majority of the working population works in sales, and as office workers, service providers, or in other professional positions. There are numerous individuals living in this community who work in an office administrative support position (13.94 percent), with sales positions following closely behind (13.49 percent), and then the healthcare industry (10.67 percent). Something that is seen often in smaller communities, including Wheelersburg, is the fact that there’s no public transportation here so owning a car is needed for commuting.
There are two main neighborhoods in Wheelersburg. These include:
- Slocum/Lyra: This is a rural neighborhood made up mainly of small and medium-sized mobile homes and single-family homes. The majority of the residential real estate in this area is owner occupied. Most homes in this neighborhood are established without being old, being built between the years of 1970 to 1990.
- Town Center: This neighborhood is a suburban area. Rents in this community are lower than 95.5 percent of the other neighborhoods in the state of Ohio. This community is mainly made up of mobile homes and single family homes, and appeals to a mix of both homeowners and renters.
Wheelersburg School District
The schools available in Wheelersburg, Ohio include:
- Wheelersburg High School serving students in grades 9 through 12.
- Wheelersburg Elementary School serving students in grades Pre-K to 3rd grade.
- Wheelersburg Middle school serving students in grades 4 through 8.
- Portsmouth Junior/Senior High School serving students in grades 7 through 12.
- East Portsmouth Elementary School serving students in grades Pre-K to 6th grade.
There are 1,594 students currently enrolled in the Wheelersburg Local School District. There are approximately 20 students per classroom, which is slightly higher than the state average of 17.
Moving to Wheelersburg Resource Guide
When moving to the area of Wheelersburg, Ohio you will need to get your affairs in order to settle into your new home and life. Some resources that can help you with this process include the following:
- Driver’s License and Auto Registration: To get or renew your Ohio driver’s license or get a tag for your vehicle, visit Ohio BMF for Scioto County.
- Natural Gas and Electricity: There are several electricity providers in Wheelersburg for you to choose from. Find them listed on The Real Yellow Pages website. If you are searching for cheap natural gas rates, visit OH Energy Ratings.
- Water and Sewer Service: Depending on where you are living, you can contact Scioto Water Inc. to get water and sewer service information or visit the BBB to learn about all the utility water companies in the area.
- Television/Internet: The top providers of television and internet services in the area can be found by visiting CableTV.com.
- Telephone: Find out more about telephone service providers by visiting WireFly.
- Waste Collection and Recycling Service: There are 26 waste collection and recycling services in Wheelersburg and you can learn more about them on their website.
- County Parks and Recreation: Learn more about the park and recreation areas by visiting the Porter Township website.
- City and County Government: Find information about the town and city hall website.
The median home value in this area is $153,100, which is slightly lower than the national average of $184,700. The median rate for rent is $600. Approximately 28 percent of residents in this community rent their home, while 72 percent own their homes.
Single-family detached structures are the most common type of housing in the Wheelersburg area and account for 68.86 percent of all housing units. Some other types of housing found in Wheelersburg include trailer and mobile homes (13.17 percent), high rise apartments and larger apartment complexes (9.33 percent), some duplexes, and homes that have been converted into apartments (5.64 percent).