Finding Available Units...
Available Storage Units in Rock Hill, SC
Reserve Now for Free! No Credit Card or Deposit Required.
Lock in your price for 7 days with a no commitment reservation!
Contactless Move-in when you move in over the phone or online.
About Our Location
Affordable Rock Hill Storage Units
Storage Rentals of America in Rock Hill is easily accessible off East Main Street and Albright Road. Our storage facility has convenient office and gate hours. Need help selecting a storage unit? Give our friendly customer service team a call! We can help you select a storage unit for your belongings and even move you into your storage unit over the phone. All of our storage locations have plenty of storage options, from mini storage units that are 5×5 to larger 10×30 storage units.
Don’t want to be locked into long term contracts? Our storage facility offer flexible month to month leases, so you can rent with us as long as you’d like. With state-of-the-art security gates and video surveillance you get peace of mind for your belongings.
Are you moving soon? Stop by our office. You can purchase moving and packing supplies like boxes, packing tape, and locks. Stop by and experience the Storage Rentals of America difference.
- Ground Floor Units
- Drive Up Storage Units
- Indoor Storage Units
- Moving Supplies Available
- Locks Available for Purchase
- Electronic Gate Access
- Drive-Up Access
- 18-Wheel Truck Access
- Video Surveillance
- Well Lit Facility
- Fully Fenced Facility
- Resident Manager
- Pay Online (Auto Pay Available)
- Month-to-Month Leases
- Tenant Insurance Available
- No Deposit Required
- Accepts Mail or Packages
Frequently Asked Storage Questions
Why Would I Need Self-Storage in Rock Hill, SC?
There are a variety of reasons why you might need self-storage in Rock Hill, SC.
- Need some extra space or maybe you’re downsizing to a smaller home.
- Are you getting married soon? Figure out which furniture and items will look best in your new home.
- Run a business? Self storage is a great place to store equipment, merchandise, or files.
- Looking for a long term storage solution for your company? Self-storage is a great cost effective solution.
Do I Need to Call Ahead to Tour Storage Units?
While you do not need to call ahead, we recommend calling so we can better assist your unique storage situation when you arrive. Our team is eager to help!
Can I Rent a Storage Unit in Person or on the Telephone?
In person, over the phone, or online! We want to make renting a storage unit as easy as possible.
Does Storage Rentals of America Provide Locks?
You can purchase a brand new lock at any of our storage facilities. No one else will have a key except you so you can have peace of mind that your storage unit is secure.
How Long Can I Rent a Storage Unit?
Rent as long as you’d like. We offer month to month leases to the make the rental process as easy as possible.
About Rock Hill, South Carolina
Rock Hill is a beautiful town with a population of around 73,000. Interstate 77 runs through Rock Hill coming up from Columbia, South Carolina about 70 miles to the south and continuing on to the north for about 25 miles to Charlotte, North Carolina. The Catawba River runs along the northeast edge of the city offering scenic views of the river from riverfront properties. The city has 31 public parks with plenty of walking, jogging, and bicycling trails.
Historic Downtown Rock Hill has preserved 12 buildings that date as far back as the 1840s. That was when the town was originally established after the railroad was built through the area. In contemporary times, college students enjoy living in Rock Hill and attend one of the three colleges in the city including Winthrop University that was founded in 1886. This is a very pleasant part of the state, on the border with North Carolina, that is known as “The Gateway to South Carolina.”
What To Do in Rock Hill
Glencairn Gardens is a pretty garden in the center of Rock Hill that has nice ponds and fountains. It is very attractive in springtime when the azaleas are in bloom. Two other parks are popular, which are Ebenezer Park with grassy picnic spots, camping sites, and barbecue grills located right on the river and Fountain Park with automatic water sprays that give a nice show. Sports enthusiasts appreciate the Manchester Meadows Park for outdoor activities and soccer fields.
The Museum of York County is in Rock Hill. This is a natural history museum with over 2,000 specimens on display. There is a picnic area and an outdoor nature trail to enjoy. Other museums to enjoy include the Rock Hill Fire Station Museum and the Main Street Children’s Museum. The nightlife is fun because of all the college students. There are plenty of good bars, live music clubs, and restaurants to enjoy.
Working in Rock Hill
City-Data says that manufacturing is the biggest employer providing 22% of the jobs. The retail trade offers 14% of the employment. The hospitality/foodservice industry accounts for 10% of the employment. Construction companies provide 10% of the jobs. Service jobs are 7%. Administrative support is 6% and transportation/warehousing is 5%.
Rock Hill Neighborhoods
These are the Rock Hill neighborhoods with the finest homes that sell for high prices:
- The Xing and West Main Street: Median home price is $300,986.
- India Hook: Median home price is $285,780.
- Mexico: Median home price is $281,612.
- Red River: Median home price is $248,481.
- Lakewood: Median home price is $246,740.
Rock Hill School District
Rock Hill and the surrounding area is in the York County School District 3. There are 27 public schools in the district, which include 19 elementary schools, five middle schools, and three high schools. There is one charter school call York Preparatory Academy. Private schools in Rock Hill include St. Anne Catholic School (PK to 12) and Westminster Catawba Christian School (PK to 12).
Rock Hill has Winthrop University with a student enrollment of 5,600. There is also York Technical College with an enrollment of about 3,600 and Clinton Junior College with about 150 students.
Moving to Rock Hill Resource Guide
This list of contacts and how to start new services will help people who are newcomers to Rock Hill.
- Driver’s License and Auto Registration: The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles is the office to go to get a driver’s license, a state identification card, and to register any vehicles.
- Electricity, Water, Sewer, and Garbage Collection: Provided by the City of Rock Hill. Contact them at on their City Website or by calling 803-325-2500 or visit the office at 155 Johnston Street in Rock Hill. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Natural Gas: Supplied by York County Natural Gas Authority (YCNGA).
- Propane: Can be obtained from Suburban Propane.
- Telephone: Service companies for Rock Hill are listed at Wirefly.
- TV and Internet: Services can be chosen from the list at CableTV.com
- Rock Hill Municipal and County Government: The municipal government of the City of Rock Hill has offices at 155 Johnston Street in Rock Hill. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. The City of Rock Hill Parks & Recreation Department maintains the park facilities and offers many sports and other programs.
Rock Hill Housing
The median household income in Rock Hill, South Carolina is around $41,291 per year, which is about 12% lower than the median household income in other South Carolinian cities. The cost of living in Rock Hill is 4% less than the cost found in other places in South Carolina and 7% less than the median cost of living in the United States. The median price for a home in Rock Hill is $136,000, which is 12% lower than the prices found in other cities in South Carolina. About 50% of homes are owner-occupied. The other half are rental units.
Most of the college students, who make up about 15% of the population in Rock Hill, are renters. The median rent is $846, which is 4% higher than the rents found in other cities within the state. Rock Hill is a very nice town that has all the amenities of a larger city and still maintains a small-town feel.